Old Herald Brewery Owners, Derik and Whitney Reiser, selected Korte & Luitjohan (K&L) as the construction manager to oversee the renovation of the old Collinsville Herald newspaper office in Collinsville, Illinois. Renovation began in April of 2018. The Old Herald Brewery, which is a combination brewery, distillery and restaurant, opened in January of 2019.
The construction included the demolition and removal of existing remnants of the previous user. New work and improvements included:
- New concrete pavement, retaining walls, patching and sloping of floors following improvements and utility upgrades.
- Masonry infills of building openings no longer used and other improvements.
- Miscellaneous metal handrails, gates and access platforms and stairs.
- New vanities in restrooms; casework in Distillery; code mandated access stairs, enclosures; wood blocking for architectural features; rustic wood finishes.
- Removal of old built-up roof with new EPDM roof and architectural sheet metal.